Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cementerios

A last post about Montevideo. In our last few days there we went to two Uruguayan graveyards. One in our neighborhood and another in the old city. They were truly astounding especially for someone who grew up going to cemetaries in New England. The only similarity is they both look wonderful as they decay.

I have decided that when I die I want a bust of myself looking very bearded and serene. Underneath I want a dozen or so statues: women, children, grown men, a priest, and possibly a winged angel, all with looks of absolute torment on their faces. Hilary hasn´t yet committed to this plan.

Here are a few pictures to give a taste:



















2 comments:

Anna said...

I do see a theme with the bearded men- sounds like a good plan.
I've been enjoying your blog!
-Anna (Hilary's 2nd cousin)

dknick said...

when u get back u can practice raising kids, so liz and i can have an outing such as yours. so jealous!!